- Consume more calories needed for maintenance.
- Add nuts, seeds, granola, or honey to snacks to increase calories.
- Eat larger nutritious meals plus healthy snacks more frequent daily.
- If you find it hard to eat that much, add in meal replacement shakes/bars in between meals.
Some Supplements that may be worth considering
- Multi-vitamins – To make up for shortfall of nutrients.
- Creatine – Draws water in to the muscle cells, thus increasing cell volume.
- Meal replacement supplements – To make up short fall of calories.
- Protein supplements – Vegetarians and vegans who consume mostly plant sources of protein may want to consider a protein supplement.